What we collect
- In order to serve you better, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- our computer systems may record details of your visit to www.seiko.co.uk (the "Site") including your IP address (the internet address of your computer) to see which parts of the Site you visit, how long you are spending there, as well as automatically determining the type of computer and operating system you are using;
- information that you provide by filling in forms (or otherwise enter) on the Site. This includes information provided if you make a purchase from the Site or wish to correspond with us, register a new product, participate in an online survey or otherwise obtain specific information from us and may include information such as your email or postal address that will allow us to fulfil your order, answer your query or otherwise serve you;
- if you order a product that is delivered to you via downloading, you will need to provide your email address prior to downloading;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Seiko may also use a feature called a ‘Cookie’ to collect information. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They are used to help us understand who has seen which pages, to store information about your preferences, to recognise you when you return to the Site, to ascertain how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular sites on the Site. This feature is specifically used in, but not limited to, our Shopping Cart ordering system.
Cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party or external data suppliers.
Uses of the Information
Seiko uses information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
[We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.]
Storage of Your Personal Data
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties (i) to enable us to perform our obligations to you; and (ii) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any contractual obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Seiko, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third Party Websites
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other members of our group or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.